Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chicken Malai Tikka




Now tikka is a general term. When anyone says tikka, the only thing people think of is the red colored chicken tikka. But there are so many different kinds of tikka. My fav beinig malai tikka, harayali tikka and ofcourse the "red" chicken tikka.

I had made this tikka for a barbecue party we had at my place. I marinated this chicken 2-3 days in advance and used ricotta chese for this recipe. The end product was creamy juicy melt-in-your-mouth Malai Tikka. The best thing is, this tikka is very mild and because of that kids enjoy it. My duckie loved this tikka and so did S.

Recipe:
1 pound boneless chicken cut and washed
1/2 container of low fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup hung yogurt
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
salt to taste
1 tsp white pepper (black will do) more if you want spicy tikkas
2-3 tsps oil for marinating
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1/4 cup cashew powder


Preparation:
Marinate the chicken with all of the above ingredients and refrigerate for atleast 1 day. I grilled the chicken instead of baking it. My hubby S helped me with grilling. Skewer the chicken with an oiled skewer. Retain the leftover marinade. Turn the chicken twice on the grill making sure that it doesnt overcook. Baste the chicken with some oil and the leftover marinade. Serve hot with naan and onions or as it is.
If baking in oven, preheat the oven to 350F. Bake on a greased baking sheet till cooked. It takes approx. 25 mins. Broil for 5 mins to get the charred flavor.
Enjoy
D

No comments:

Post a Comment