Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Garlic Chutney Sandwiches

Garlic chutney on white bread and butter.

This is easily on of my fav sandwiches. I had a friend in school who used to get this for the lunch. I remember exchanging my lunch to eat her sandwiches. Then my mom realized this and she started making these quick fix sandwiches for me. Really they take no time at all. Just slather some butter on your bread, sprinkle some garlic chutney and Voila!!!! lunch ready.:)
Recipe:
4 slices either white or brown bread.
Some softened butter.
2 tsp of garlic chutney ..more if you like the garlicky flavor.
chutney recipe:
1 pod garlic peeled and chopped
1/2 cup dry dessicated coconut
salt to taste
sugar to taste
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp ajwain seeds(optional)
1 tsp corriander seeds(optional)
dry blend everything in a blender and store the chutney in an airtight container for 1 week. This chutney tastes great with savory snakcs like vadas too.

Lay down 2 slices of bread, slather the butter and sprinkle with chutney. Assemble into sandwich and eat immediately:) Make the 2nd sandwich and eat that too!
Enjoy
Dipti

No comments:

Post a Comment