Monday, September 27, 2010

Guacamole-my messy creation


My messy guacamole..

When I was carrying my baby, I used to hate this green weird concoction. To me at that time, it looked very slimy and messy and something with questionable texture. But post pregnancy, I have begun to fall in love with this good-for-you-fat guacamole. Mind you, I cannot eat avocados as it is, simply because it doesnot have any particular flavor but is quite nutty and fatty to taste.

Add this guacamole to any tacos, burrtitos or just as a dip with chips and you are in culinary heaven. My guacamole explodes in my mouth with spicy,sweet,nutty and sour flavor.
The trick is to make it 1 hr before serving to let the flavors blend in.
Recipe:
2 large ripe avaocados, peeled and mashed with fork
1 large tomato, chopped and deseeded
1 medium red or yellow onion, chopped
1 lime juice
salt to taste
2 chillies, minced and deseeded
handful chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
procedure:
Mix all the above ingredients together. Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hr to let the flavors blend. MAke sure that you donot make a mush out of avocados otherwise it turns really gooey. Enjoy chilled or at room temperature with chips/tacos.
Dipti

No comments:

Post a Comment